MacMaster: MAC Address Changer is a versatile command-line tool designed to empower you to modify the MAC address of a network interface on your system.
- Assign a specific MAC address effortlessly.
- Generate and apply a random MAC address for added security.
- Restore the MAC address to its original configuration with ease.
- Python 3.x
- Clone the repository:
git clone https://github.com/HalilDeniz/MacMaster.git
- Navigate to the project directory:
- Install the required dependencies:
pip install -r requirements.txt
You can use the MAC Address Changer in three ways:
- Set a specific MAC address:
python3 macmaster.py -i eth0 -nm 00:11:22:33:44:55
- Set a random MAC address:
python3 macmaster.py -i eth0 -r
- Reset MAC address to its original value:
python3 macmaster.py -i eth0 -rs
eth0 is your network interface.
-i: Specify the network interface.
-r: Set a random MAC address.
-nm: Set a specific MAC address.
-rs: Reset MAC address to the original value.
To ensure proper functionality, it’s essential to run this script with root privileges or using the ‘sudo’ command. Changing a MAC address requires elevated access.
We are continually open to improvements and new feature ideas. Please feel free to contribute by submitting a pull request or initiating a discussion in the issues section.
How to Contribute
Contributions are highly encouraged! To contribute to MacMaster, follow these steps:
- Fork the repository.
- Create a new branch for your feature or bug fix.
- Implement your changes and commit them.
- Push your changes to your forked repository.
- Initiate a pull request in the main repository.
For any inquiries or further information, you can contact me through the following channels:
- LinkedIn: Halil Ibrahim Deniz
- TryHackMe: Halilovic
- Instagram: deniz.halil333
- YouTube: Halil Deniz
- Email: email@example.com
MacMaster is distributed under the MIT License. Refer to the LICENSE file for more details.