Cybersecurity has rapidly become a critical field, with increasing technological advancements and digital transformations leading to a surge in cyber threats and attacks. As a result, it is essential for cybersecurity experts to continuously develop and update their skills and knowledge. If you are looking to improve your cybersecurity expertise and gain hands-on experience, here are some of the best practical websites you can explore.
and before you start you can check out the 360 free rooms I’ve compiled and shared for tryhackme
most popular sites
- Hack The Box: This platform provides an excellent environment for individuals seeking to enhance their cybersecurity skills. Hack The Box offers real-world scenarios in the form of virtual machines, allowing users to engage in ethical hacking practices. By solving these challenges and identifying vulnerabilities, you can effectively improve your cybersecurity capabilities.
- TryHackMe: TryHackMe is an interactive platform designed for individuals looking to acquire and apply cybersecurity skills. It offers a series of rooms with real-world scenarios and tasks that guide users through hands-on learning experiences.
and on tryhackme my rank is 1010 😉
- OverTheWire: Featuring a range of levels from beginner to advanced, OverTheWire offers “games” or challenges that can help you develop your cybersecurity skills. By solving tasks and overcoming hurdles, you can enhance your proficiency in areas such as Linux command line usage, password cracking, and network security.
- Cybrary: This platform provides a wealth of cybersecurity and information security courses and resources. Users can access expert-led training, participate in practical lab exercises, and earn cybersecurity certifications.
- PentesterLab: Focused on web application security, PentesterLab is ideal for individuals looking to improve their skills in this specific area. The platform offers interactive lab environments and exercises that allow users to gain hands-on experience in web application security.
- CTFTime: Capture The Flag (CTF) competitions offer a fantastic opportunity to practice and showcase cybersecurity skills. CTFTime is a platform where you can keep track of upcoming CTF competitions and participate in these challenging events.
- VulnHub: If you are interested in high-level CTF challenges with virtual machines and vulnerabilities, VulnHub is the place to be. It provides a series of CTF machines that you can work on at your own pace, enabling you to refine your cybersecurity skills through real-world scenarios
These websites serve as valuable resources for practicing and developing your cybersecurity skills. However, it is crucial to remember that cybersecurity must always be conducted ethically and within legal boundaries. Unauthorized hacking or malicious activities are illegal and can have serious consequences. Always prioritize ethical conduct and responsible use of your cybersecurity skills.
By consistently engaging with these practical platforms and staying up-to-date with the latest trends in cybersecurity, you can equip yourself with the necessary knowledge and expertise to excel in this dynamic and essential field.